Thursday, June 17, 2010

dream house continued...

Finals are done!!! Now I can breathe again for 3 wks before going back for the summer quarter!

Continuing on with my "dream house" ideas :) I'll show my favorite inspirational dining and living room spaces...I have quite a few! I just couldn't narrow them down :) All of them have a calming mix of creams, blues, and browns.

I love the idea of having a built-in bench for a kitchen nook eating area. The pendants are also what caught my eye.

Candice Olson is one of my favorite designers. Always adds a little sparkle to the spaces she designs! This would be great for a more formal eating area...lots of room for my big family! Plus, I love the built-in buffet and how it contrasts with the wood floor and blue paint on the wall. And the fireplace looks like you could make the space feel cozy and romantic :)


This living space was designed by John Willey. Love the blue sofas and the bold blue and brown drapes too! It's a good mix of clean lines and texture.



All of the beautiful light coming in from the large windows and french doors are what first attracted me to this living room. I also like the colors and the variety of chairs. (Found at House Beautiful.com)




Those textural old doors are what my eyes always travel to first! I also love the chandelier and rugged coffee and they are the perfect compliment to the clean lines of the sofa and neutral surroundings. (Designed by Kay Douglass)


The striped floors are what I like about this living room, plus the accents of blue :). And I've always wanted to have that star light fixture! I'm determined to have one in my house someday! (Designed by Ginger Barber)



I love the exposed beams, fireplace, and the bright pop of the turquoise chairs in this room! Turquoise is definitely my favorite color and I like all colors that are in its family too :) (From Country Living)


This living room just makes me swoon. Walls of windows, exposed beams, paneled ceiling, simple clean lines that give a sense of comfort...yep I love it! (Designed by Susan Tully)

No comments:

Post a Comment