Tuesday, January 11, 2011

dream house continued...bedrooms

So continuing on the long drawn-out series on my dream house :)

Tonight I bring you some inspiration for bedrooms. Velvet and Linen has stolen my heart with this bedroom featured on their blog.


I love the colors...not too bold, but not too plain. Just perfect for a master bedroom retreat. And it even has a sitting area, which I've also thought was a great idea for a master bedroom. A perfect place for morning coffee or a late night talk, in your own private space. And a few more views of the same room...


LOVE that lamp. The shape and color are a perfect compliment to the room. And doesn't that bed look so comfortable?



Moving on to a bedroom idea for an teen/ high schooler. Wish I had this room when I was in high school! Actually I'd still take this room for my own :)How awesome is the desk and built-in storage? The bright colors make it young and hip, but it also looks sophisticated and not over-the-top...perfect for a teen!


And now for the last bedroom inspiration picture...I love the idea of a built-in bed and actually my brother did this for my niece and it is a great idea!


This would be perfect for siblings sharing a room or even for having a sleepover with friends and great use of space with the desk in the middle.

Hope you've enjoyed seeing just a glimpse into the bedrooms that would inspire my dream house!











1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in the master bedroom! It seems like such a relaxing and peaceful place, I'd love to stay in, cuddle up and read a book all night long!

    ReplyDelete