Friday, March 4, 2011

cookie monster

While living with my sister and her family, I would make monster cookies every couple of months...but not quite nearly enough for my brother-in-law and nephew! This week I took care of my nephews for a couple of days while both my sister and brother-in-law were out of town on business trips. I had told Casey that I would make monster cookies if his team won their district championship game, but he convinced me that he deserved them anyway since he had scored 7 goals in the past 3 games :) After hockey practice one night, Casey showed how much he likes the cookies by eating at least 10 of them!! Within a 15 minute time period.

I don't have a picture of him scarfing them down this week, but here are a couple of pictures from a couple of years ago of him fully enjoying the monster cookies :)


Just eating them right out of the tupperware.... and looking mischevious about it :)



Have a great weekend! And if you want to make some monster cookies, here is the recipe:

  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup oleo
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 4 1/2 cups oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix all ingredients in order of list above. Drop on cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes. Take out of the oven. Cool for a couple of minutes and then enjoy by dipping into a glass of milk!

Note: I never measure the chocolate chips and M&Ms...just dump in how much I want :)

No comments:

Post a Comment