Friday, February 22, 2013

the (1st) Monthly Ladies Craft Night!

I was crafting with a friend in December and we decided it would be fun to gather friends every month and work on a craft together! Well I finally got myself organized and we had our first Craft Night (I'm trying to think of a more creative name- suggestions welcome!) a couple weeks ago.
Not everyone that was invited could make it, but the 5 of us had a lot of fun! I'll have to remember to take more pictures next time, but I perhaps was a bit too busy talking, painting, snacking, and drinking wine to pick up my camera. :)

I set up a make-shift table for the paint, brushes, and other supplies. The old piece of wood in the background is over 100 years old! My Dad gave it to me when I was home last and I'm thinking of the perfect project for it. Any ideas??

I ended up making something for my sister Dawn because I couldn't decide on what I wanted to do for myself. Luckily, I was home the weekend before (to meet my newest nephew!) so I had my Dad cut down a piece of plywood to 17" x 17". I also took a larger plywood piece and I'm going to make something for the wall above my bed.

I decided to make something for the lake place my sister and her husband have down in Okoboji. I found an anchor outline to cut out and then trace on the plywood. I then mixed a grey paint and painted it in! I also painted the edges of the board with the grey paint.

Later, I used my Cricut to cut out the letters to spell out Okoboji across the bottom. You can see them faintly outlined in the picture above. I used navy paint for the letters. And now it is complete!


I'm excited to see it in their lake house bathroom!

2 comments: