Monday, February 18, 2013

lessons from Beth Moore: 11 Feb 2013

I think of where I was at when we started this Bible Study. It feels like so long ago because where I'm at now is not where I expected to be. So much has happened. Lessons learned. Tears pouring out. Fists hitting my bed. Joyful praises. More tears.

And yet it feels like we just started. If you have never done a Beth Moore study, I encourage you to do one! They do involve a big time commitment, but it is so worth it! This one: A Woman's Heart: God's Dwelling Place, was my first and I know it won't be my last. When we were deciding which Beth Moore study to do, none of us had a real strong opinion, but we have all agreed that we are so thankful we chose this one.

My eyes have been opened to scripture that I had previously deemed "boring" and "is this really necessary?". Oh yes, it is necessary and no, it is not boring! Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that God does is with purpose. And with much thought, detail, and preparation. He knows us so fully and completely because He created us.
Just the way He wanted.

This last week of lessons was really powerful to me. We are God's temple. Our very bodies. They are God's handiwork. Designed with a distinct purpose. Am I treating and respecting myself with that in mind? Am I living my life to carry out that purpose?

Some thoughts written by Beth that have weighed heavy on my mind.

"Have you found yourself on the brink of the place for which God has long been preparing you? A location? A place of service? A circumstance? A position? Something for which you sense He has been preparing you for a long time?
Now that you see God fulfilling His promise to use you and have gone through excruciating preparation toward that end, are you filled with fear? An overwhelming feeling of unreadiness? A sudden emotion that this may not be what you wanted?
God will deal with these feelings and bring them to a place of dismissal if you confess them to Him and invite Him to give you the courage to accept His personalized plan for you." (page 207)

"God desires to do wonders among us; but to give Him the freedom to intervene in our lives so magnificently, we must be sanctified!" (page 208)

"He is God. He could have chosen to dwell anywhere in the universe. But He chose to live in you and me. You are now the way He dwells among the people of the world." (page 214)

This study has been just what I needed over the past six months. Only God knew the struggles I would face and the joy that would come. He knew.

He knew I needed to let Him pursue me.
To know and experience the depth of His love. So far greater and deeper than any human's attempt at love.
To know I am His beloved.
To know He wants my mess. 
To know His plan is perfect.
To know He takes care of my every need.
To know He will heal my hurts.
To know He is God. And He is choosing to reveal glimpses of His glory through me.
To know He is continually refining me.

No comments:

Post a Comment